Finding time

Thursday, August 21, 2008

After what has felt like an incredibly hectic past couple of weeks I've finally had the time to sit and and make use of some of the crafty bits and bobs I've bought over the last few months.

A special engraved birdy wooden peg, maybe he can join the other birds on the washing line


A few mini painted plates...perfect penny sweet size!

An illustration I had published in the Guardian Family section last weekend, all about picking samphire on the beach. If only the weather was good enough to do that kind of thing today!

8 comments :

zee said...

The plates are beyond beautiful! If you ever start making them to sell, I promise I'll buy (at least) one.

Linnea said...

I agree, those plates are so pretty, and I love the blue coloring of the birds!

Heather said...

I LOVE LOVE those wee plates. Make more!!

Brooke said...

I love the plates! The colors are so vivid!

Kim said...

the plates are amazing! will you be listing them on etsy? pretty please!

annah-logue said...

i love these plates so much!!! can i ask- what kind of paint do you use? is it the stuff you cook on?

and congrats on the published illustration!

Melissa de la Fuente said...

How much do I love your work and somehow had missed your blog all this time? It is beautiful,along with those plates! Please say you are going to be selling some in your shop? I am just itching to have my very own Kate print.....and thank you for your very sweet comment over on CC today!
xo
Melissa

Kate said...

aw thanks so much for the lovely comments! I'll try and get cracking on some new plates and pop them in ye olde etsy shoppe! Any suggestions for themes...I like the idea of doing teeny custom plates for people :)