Sunday, December 01, 2013
Bits and bobs that have caught my eye this week...
Friday, November 22, 2013
Hello, I'm back! I hadn't intended to be away for so long but unfortunately the realities of living with a recently discovered auto immune disease have hit me full on. I'm slowly learning that I can't fit in as much as I used to...little steps for Little Doodles. On a positive note, it's made me aware how lucky I am to be freelancing in a job I love. Being able to work from home, at my own pace is a gift. Normally I don't live up to the stereotype of working from home in pyjamas, surrounded by coffee cups but lately...well, it's happening a bit more often than it used to.
Anyway, I'm trying to keep my chin up...smiles all round!
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
A little note to say that my Etsy shop has re-opened and will be filled with new goodies very soon. In the meantime I've popped some old favourites in there.
Little Doodles on Etsy
Friday, September 13, 2013
A quick guide to what you should really be carrying during fashion week...
1. Foghorn : one too many free cocktails and you've locked yourself in the loo, send for help!
2. Pencil : make sure it's sharpened and it's eternally useful to poke people in your way when trying to squeeze into a show crowd.
3. Cronut : equally useful for getting into a show, mainly for bribery purposes if you don't have a ticket
4. Haribo : essential nutrition.
5. Coconut : emergency refreshment or to throw at anyone blocking your catwalk view by taking photos with their iPad.
6. Torn out pic of Harry Styles : Feeling a bit rough and don't want to be photographed? Instagram a close up of this saying you've spotted him & a location and within ten minutes you'll be surrounded by paps and screaming girls. Make a quick getaway unnoticed.
7. Notepad and lipstick : Make a sign to wave about during a show live stream. Someone watching at home in their pyjamas will send help.
8. Cat in a hat : Tired of being upstaged by others in front of street style photographers? Bring a kitten in a hat, Tumblr will love it.
Wednesday, June 26, 2013
I have a feeling I'm very late to the party on this one but I'm pretty obsessed with Terrain at the moment. I'm not sure why it's not really crossed my radar until now (having opened in 2008, it's an offshoot of Urban Outfitters) but I'm hoping it makes the same trip across the pond that Anthropologie did.